Best WV Sports Betting Sites for 2023
After the repeal of PASPA, West Virginia became the fifth US state to legalize sports betting and the third to offer online betting apps.
All of the WV sports betting sites here at WVBettingRewards.com are licensed and regulated by the West Virginia Lottery Commission, for your security and peace of mind when playing in the Mountain State.
Top 7 WV Betting Sites!
|Sportsbook||Features||Bonus||Promo & Code|
Caesars Sportsbook Sportsbook Read Review
Up to $1,250 + 1000 Tier Credits + 1000 Reward Credits®
BetRivers Sportsbook Read Review
100% up to $250 Match Deposit
BetMGM Sportsbook Read Review
$1000 First Bet Insurance
FanDuel Sportsbook Read Review
No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
Pointsbet WV Read Review
2 Risk-Free Bets up to $2000
Draftkings Sportbook Read Review
Bet $5, get $200 in Free Bets
TVG WV Review Read Review
Get Your First Single-Horse Win Wager Back
The Best West Virginia Betting Sites
Even though the Mountain State does not have any professional teams, there are still plenty of neighboring teams and collegiate programs that drive the state’s betting numbers.
We will go over the best West Virginia betting sites, what promotions to use, and everything you need to know when signing up for an account.
When doing a West Virginia betting site review, there are several things that we look out for when determining the best WV betting sites.
- Betting Options: How many markets does the site have? Is live betting available?
- Bonuses and Promos: Does the sportsbook offer a good number of ongoing promotions to use after the welcome offer? Does it include a loyalty program?
- Customer Service: Is the customer service team quick to answer inquiries? Is live chat available?
- Payment Options: What is available to use for deposits and withdrawals?
- Usability: Are the betting site and mobile app user-friendly? Does it create a good betting experience?
Here are three of the best sportsbooks in West Virginia that we believe hit the mark on the majority of these categories.
#1 – William Hill Sportsbook WV
William Hill has a global betting presence, begin founded in the UK back in 1934. It gained a large surge in the US with an acquisition from Caesars.
William Hill has a large number of betting options, and it always includes boosts for popular games.
If you need help, the customer service is quick to answer any questions on the live chat. The William Hill WV welcome offer is a risk-free bet up to $500 after your first deposit.
Up to $1,250 + 1000 Tier Credits + 1000 Reward Credits®
- Exclusive Code: WVREWARDSFULL
- Go Full Caesar This Football Season
- Win or lose, you’ll get 1,000 Reward Credits® + 1,000 Tier Credits
#2 – FanDuel Sportsbook WV
To enter West Virginia, FanDuel partnered with The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs. This is where it operates its land-based sportsbook. It officially launched the online betting app in August of 2019.
FanDuel has become one of the most popular names in US sports betting, much due to its DFS platform. Now, the sportsbook gives a plethora of betting options and sports available.
The FanDuel WV welcome bonus is a risk-free bet up to $1,000! Follow our links when signing up to claim the bonus.
No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
- Fantastic welcome bonus
- Streamlined desktop & mobile apps
- Huge variety of bets & sporting events
How to Sign Up with a West Virginia Betting Site
Before signing up with a WV sportsbook, follow our links to use the welcome bonus. You may need to enter a West Virginia betting promo code when signing up. If so, we will provide that for you.
During the registration process, West Virginia betting sites require similar personal information that any online store would need, which includes name, address, phone, and email. It will also ask for the last four digits of your social security number to confirm your identity and that you are over the age of 21.
After you have completed registration, you will be ready to download the WV betting app!
West Virginia Betting Apps
FanDuel, BetMGM, and William Hill all have free mobile apps for iPhones and Androids. To download the correct one, go to the site on your mobile browser.
WV iPhone Betting Apps: The link on the betting site will take you to the Apple App Store to download the betting app.
WV Android Betting Apps: You will have to download the app directly from your mobile browser since the Google Play Store does not allow for betting apps. You may need to go to your setting to allow for downloads from unknown sources.
You will need to allow for geolocation technology to be used when using a WV betting app. It must confirm that you are within the WV state lines when placing wagers.
West Virginia Betting Bonuses
All of the WV betting sites will offer a welcome bonus for new customers. After signing up, the best WV sportsbooks still have ongoing promotions to take advantage of.
Be sure to read the terms and conditions before using a bonus. It will include important information, such as how long the bonus lasts, the playthrough requirements, and more.
Here are some of the common WV betting promos that will be used.
- Deposit Match: An offer that will match a certain percentage of your deposit. Example: 100% deposit match up to $1,000. So, if you deposit $1,000, the sportsbook will give you an additional $1,000 in bonus money.
- No Deposit Bonus: A sign-up bonus that gives you a small amount of free money just for signing up. These give you a chance to try out a sportsbook for free.
- Reload Bonus: An offer that is much like a deposit match but offered at a lower percentage on a more frequent basis for current customers. Look out for these to be offered on a certain day of the week.
- Cashback/Insurance/Risk-Free Bet: When a sportsbook gives you a refund after a losing wager.
Having several sportsbooks in the state gives you an opportunity to shop around for the best prices and promotions. However, it may be worth sticking to the same sportsbook if it has a great loyalty program.
West Virginia betting loyalty programs will give you rewards for the more you wager. For example, the BetMGM loyalty program is called M Life Rewards. By signing up, you can gain comps to MGM Resorts properties and bonuses to use for the online sportsbook.
Sports to Bet on Using WV Betting Sites
Betting on sports has become much more than just basketball, football, and baseball. When using a WV sportsbook, you will have tons of sports to bet on.
Here is a list of some of the available sports to bet on with WV betting sites:
- Australian Rules Football
- Table Tennis
Professional Sports Betting
The most popular pro sports league to bet on in the US is the NFL. In addition, the NBA, NHL, and MLB will also have plenty of markets to choose from.
West Virginia does not have any pro sports teams in the four major sports, but there are plenty of fans that root for teams in cities close is proximity, such as Pittsburgh.
College Sports Betting
Some states have limited the access to collegiate sports betting, but not West Virginia. There will be options to bet on the West Virginia Mountaineers, who have a great football and basketball program.
The only other Division 1 program in West Virginia is Marshall, which has a storied football program.
WV Sports Betting – Types of Wagers
Betting on sports is much more than just placing a wager on who you think will win. While that is possible, there will also be other chances to place exotic wagers that have a larger payout.
Let’s look at some of WV betting types:
- Moneyline: A wager on a team to win. You will be risking a larger amount by picking the favorite, with larger wins coming from choosing the underdog.
- Spread: A sportsbook will set a spread for a game, and you are betting which team will cover the spread, not necessarily win.
- Over/Under: A bet on the total amount of points or runs scored. The sportsbook will set the amount, and you can bet that the total will go over or under.
- Futures: Betting on a certain outcome in the future, such as betting on a team to win the Super Bowl before the NFL season starts.
- Parlays: Placing several bets at one time. You have to get every selection correct to win, with losing just one leg will cause the entire bet to lose.
- Teasers/Pleasers: Bets that move the spread in your favor, or against. Pleasers are much harder to get right, so the payouts are generous.
- Prop Bets: A bet on a specific event in a game, such as the first team to score a touchdown. Prop bets can also be used on specific players.
If you are a fan of live betting, you will want to check to make sure that the WV sportsbook you have chosen offers it. Some sportsbooks provide a much better live betting experience than others.
Live betting allows you to bet on a game as it occurs. You can watch an NFL game and bet on the action as it unfolds.
Since it is harder to update the odds, it’s crucial that a sportsbook has the right technology to include a variety of live markets. WV live betting sites will continue to improve, with more options becoming available.
Some WV live betting apps will include live streaming, which will allow you to watch the game that you bet on directly on the site.
West Virginia Sportsbooks Payment Methods
WV sportsbooks make it easy to deposit and withdrawal money from your account, but some sites have more options than others. There will be a minimum amount you can deposit for each method, but fees are rarely included.
Take a look at the list of accepted deposit methods and withdrawal methods. Just because a method is available for deposits does not mean it is accepted for withdrawals. The withdrawal list is usually much shorter, and it can take a few days for the request to process.
Here is a list of some of the common WV betting payment methods:
- Credit/Debit Card
- Play+ Card
- Online Banking
- Bank Wire Transfer
West Virginia Responsible Gaming
Online sportsbooks have made access to gambling incredibly easy. With that being the case, be sure you are taking the correct steps to ensure that you are gambling responsibly. Only bet what you can afford to lose.
WV sportsbooks will include responsible gaming tools to help you control your budget. Go to your account to set deposit limits, time limits, and betting limits.
If you or someone you know needs help, there will be several organizations that you can reach out to, such as 1-800-GAMBLER.
You can send the West Virginia Lottery Security Table Games a notarized form to self-exclude yourself from all of the legal online gambling sites in WV.
WV Sports Betting FAQs
Yes. The sites on our page are legal to use in West Virginia. The industry is regulated and monitored by the West Virginia Lottery Commission.
Each sportsbook will offer a new customer bonus, all differing in some way. Be sure to read the terms and conditions to determine which one is best for you.
You can download West Virginia betting apps on iPhones and Androids. Sign up and download the app from the browser on your mobile phone.
No. But you do have to be within the West Virginia state lines when placing wagers. Geolocation technology will be used to confirm your location.